Sunday, October 16, 2011

Vocabulary Ladders

Well, I'm not sure if "Vocabulary Ladder" is the correct name for this.  I attended a workshop over the summer, and they mentioned these, but did not go into a lot of detail.  I searched online for something, but I wasn't successful, so I created my own kind of thing.  In the workshop, the presenter briefly explained that a Vocabulary Ladder is a visual vocabulary representation.  So, this is what I came up with for the vocabulary in our Weather Unit.
This follows the South Carolina 4th Grade Science Standards.  We "climbed" the ladder with each lesson and built our knowledge as we added to our ladder.  I have also created some for Math, and will try to post those later. 

2 comments:

  1. I'd call it a Vocabulary Ladder and this activity is terrific.

    I'd like to send you my iPoke game and can't find your email. Shoot me an email and I'll reply and send it to you since you answered my question correctly :)


    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    funinroom4b@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats KS! You won the "Father's Day Magazine" in my blog giveaway! I don't see your email address here, so just send me an email at amandamadden@me.com and I'll send it your way!

    Glad it lead me to your blog...I'm your newest follower. :)

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete